If you ever send me your information, it will only be used for the purposes to which you consent: for example, to send you my newsletter or to contact you if you win a giveaway I’m hosting. This policy is effective as of May 29, 2018.
I might collect the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- If and only if you win a giveaway/contest prize, mailing address
This information is collected for:
- Subscription to the Victoria Lee newsletter, for updates on book releases, sales, giveaways and other information.
- For contacting me from the contact page.
- For giveaways you knowingly and voluntarily enter
How I keep your information secure:
- Personal information is contained behind secured networks by the WordPress and MailChimp service providers.
- In the event a breach occurs, I’ll make every effort to let you know by email within seven business days.
Retention of personal data:
- I’ll only use and store your data for as long as needed to provide the services you requested and to make sure your future requests are met efficiently.
How cookies are used:
- A cookie is a small file that a site transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. The cookie files help the site analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- This website uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps WordPress and me analyze data about webpage traffic and improve this website in order to tailor it to customer needs. WordPress and I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
- Overall, cookies help WordPress and me provide you with a better website by enabling the monitoring of which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives WordPress or me access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other sites:
- I might link to other websites. However, once you use these links to leave this site, please know I don’t have any control over that other website. So I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while those sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. Please exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
- I will never sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless it is required by law to do so.
- I am available via email or contact form at anytime for:
- Details on what, if any, personal data I hold.
- To change, correct, or delete your personal data.
- Express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your personal data.